I love walking into my home after a long day and smelling this lovely pot roast. You can add potatoes and carrots to round out the meal, and the leftover meat makes a comforting soup for the next night. —Susan Burkett, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat. If desired, thicken cooking liquid. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sassy Pot Roast in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p67
Reviews for Sassy Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review