Southern Pot Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Top with corn, onion and green pepper. Combine the tomatoes, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve corn mixture with slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 455 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 47g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 13, 2017
We really liked this recipe. It's easy to make, and has a fabulous and unique flavor. I strained the liquid from the tomato mixture and served it over the beef with rice.
May 28, 2013
I thought this was just okay; definitely not your traditional pot roast.
Feb 7, 2012
I made this for Superbowl Sunday, and everyone loved it! It was so easy to put together, and it has a wonderful flavor. Would make this again!