Salmon Casserole Recipe
Canned salmon is the key ingredient in this comforting casserole sent in by Agnes Moon of Ionia, Michigan. Bread crumbs give it a soft texture...and mayonnaise, mustard and cheese add flavor to this old-fashioned favorite.
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, bread crumbs, celery, green pepper, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Casserole in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >