Rhubarb-Topped Cheesecake Recipe
"No one will believe that this creamy dessert, topped with tangy rhubarb, is actually a light treat," says Ruth Eisenreich of Catonsville, Maryland.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon; stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt and sugar, until smooth. Gradually add egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon peel and juice. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Spoon over slices of cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb-Topped Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p17
Reviews for Rhubarb-Topped Cheesecake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecake Toppings >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >