Rhubarb Slush Punch Recipe
For years, our family has toasted special occasions with this cool, quenching punch. It's easy to freeze, so we serve it year-round. Usually, we double the recipe and store it in the freezer in a clean, empty ice cream bucket.
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 10 cups club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Mash rhubarb; strain. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Add sugar, concentrates and remaining water to rhubarb juice. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving, scraping the surface as it thaws. Place equal amounts of slush mixture and club soda in each serving glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Slush Punch in Country Woman March/April 2002, p31
Reviews for Rhubarb Slush Punch(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review