For years, our family has toasted special occasions with this cool, quenching punch. It's easy to freeze, so we serve it year-round. Usually, we double the recipe and store it in the freezer in a clean, empty ice cream bucket.
Featured In: Non-Alcoholic Party Drinks
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 10 cups club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Mash rhubarb; strain. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Add sugar, concentrates and remaining water to rhubarb juice. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving, scraping the surface as it thaws. Place equal amounts of slush mixture and club soda in each serving glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Slush Punch in Country Woman March/April 2002, p31
Reviews for Rhubarb Slush Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2016
"Big hit at my backyard party. I think next time I will back some on the sugar as I have red sweet rhubarb. But it still goes over FAST even with those non-rhubarb lovers!"