- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries and rhubarb.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins
"I made these today for a cooking challenge on the TOH Community Forums; however, I substituted apples for the rhubarb since we have such a hard time getting rhubarb here and my husband won't eat it. I'm sure this recipe is delicious with rhubarb. I also substituted Splenda for the sugar since he cannot eat sugar. The muffins were delicious. I would definitely have these muffins again."
"Got rave reviews from coworkers and parents, who are always my taste-testers - and that is saying a lot because my Dad HATES rhubarb :) Will definitely be making these again!"
"Nice and moist but I think they could use either use a little more sugar in the recipe or a sprinkling of a sugar/cinnamon on top or a basic streusel topping."
"love rhubarb and blueberries, great recipe"
"Wonderful moist muffins with an excellent combination of flavors. Will definitely make again!"