"We were camping, and I didn’t have enough milk for my usual blueberry muffin recipe,” recalls Dorothy Ross of Ear Falls, Ontario. “I did have some sour cream and a bit of rhubarb, so I used those. The muffins were awesome, and now I make them often!”
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries and rhubarb.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 10
Reviews for Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review