- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips, optional
- Sour cream and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes, onion and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the refried beans, broth and cilantro; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if tortilla strips are desired, place strips on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until crisp. Garnish soup with tortilla strips. Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Refried Bean Soup
Sort By :
Just made this for our lunch....had everything on hand which was convenient. Topped with suggested items and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Was truly EXCELLENT and only change I made was to use canned FIRE-ROASTED tomatoes. I really was amazed at the flavor so something so simple to throw together. Served it with the NEW Keebler Cornbread & Jalapeno Crackers. They are winners, too.
This was wonderful! I loved how easy it was to make and it had a great smooth texture. The flavor was phenomenal! I will definitely be making this again!
It is real good. tastes just like my sister en laws soup.
This was so easy to make. It was a filling dish, great for a cold day and we all loved it.
my whole family loves this dish and so do my friends
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >