A delicious mix of sweet, salty and tangy makes this effortless salad outstanding. It looks beautiful with the colorful lettuce, peppers, mandarin oranges and almonds glistening with dressing. —Heather Villasenor, Amarillo, TX
- 8 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, cheese and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt. Stir in onion. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad in Country Woman June/July 2009, p45
Reviews for Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2011
"absolutely loved this salad, and my family did as well. I have made it twice and both times a success!"