My mother gave me the recipe for these rich buttery cookies. Raspberry preserves and a cream filling make them doubly delicious. — June Brown, Veneta, Oregon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves and a scant teaspoon of filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Coconut Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p100
Reviews for Raspberry Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review