Raspberry Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 12 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- Shredded lettuce
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for serving and remaining sauce for basting.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut in half widthwise; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat. brush remaining oil over both sides of bread.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting frequently with raspberry sauce. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill bread, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn and top each piece of bread with a slice of cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottom of bread is toasted. Place a piece of chicken, lettuce and reserved raspberry sauce on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Raspberry Chicken Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
The sauce is great. I used it on a stuffed pork tenderloin. I was awesome.
I tried this recipe awhile back when I got a summer grilling issue, and I fell in love with it. Every time I make it, everyone else agrees that it's absolutely delicious. The sauce has a nice sweet tang. With the bread, I just like it a little toasted so I don't even brush it with oil, just stick it under the broiler on each side for a few moments, just to brown and crispen it up. And then I'll just top a piece with cheese to melt it a little. Tastes great with less effort there. It's delicious! Definitely one of my favorite recipes!! And so quick and easy!
I once bought a raspberry sauce from Sams Club and I loved it. I couldn't find it anymore. This sauce sounds just like it. If it is, it should be very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >