- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups tortilla chips (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: sour cream, diced avocado and sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef and chorizo with onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in both tomatoes; bring to a boil. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. or 8-in. square baking dish, layer 2 cups chips, half of the meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ramona's Chilaquiles in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews for Ramona's Chilaquiles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review