Raisin Oatmeal Mix Recipe
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples or dried banana chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 month. Yield: 7 cups.
- To prepare oatmeal: In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 3/4 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 30-45 seconds longer or until bubbly. Let stand 2 minutes. Yield: 14 servings (7 cups mix).
Reviews for Raisin Oatmeal Mix(7)
Sort By :
I am so glad I have this recipe. The oatmeal is tasty and it makes for a satisfying breakfast thats ready in a flash.
I have made several batches this winter. I try to use different dried fruits. I don't like the banana chips, but use crazins, apricots diced, dates, walnuts. If you have your own dried bananas or apples that would really be good also. I don't like the ones from the store. I also use splenda and cut the brown sugar to 2 tablespoons. Have used nutmeg with the cinnamon. I also use half Old Fashioned oats and half Quick Cooking Oats.
I used the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and made a dried cranberry/walnut version. In the future I plan to make a dried blueberry/pecan and dried cherry/almond versions. Easy to prepare and quick, healthy start to the day!
That is the greatest oatmeal mix that I have ever used. I did omit the apples & babana chips & used chopped walnuts.
I make myself a bowl every morning. Yummmmm!!!!!!!!
What a great way to save money if your family likes the instant stuff. This is every bit as sweet as it too. I always find the instant packaged stuff too sweet, so next time I think I'll put in a little less sugar.