Raisin Oatmeal Mix Recipe
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples or dried banana chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 month. Yield: 7 cups.
- To prepare oatmeal: In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 3/4 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Cook 30-45 seconds longer or until bubbly. Let stand 2 minutes. Yield: 14 servings (7 cups mix).
Reviews for Raisin Oatmeal Mix(9)
Sort By :
Having always been a fan of stove top cooked oatmeal, but never liking the cleaning of the pan, I decided to simplify my morning by halving this recipe. I'm so glad this was the recipe I tried first. It's easy to make and easy to fix and tastes really good. I'll be making full batches from now on and will be trying different fruits and nuts in it.
great option for a quick and tasty breakfast!
I am so glad I have this recipe. The oatmeal is tasty and it makes for a satisfying breakfast thats ready in a flash.
I have made several batches this winter. I try to use different dried fruits. I don't like the banana chips, but use crazins, apricots diced, dates, walnuts. If you have your own dried bananas or apples that would really be good also. I don't like the ones from the store. I also use splenda and cut the brown sugar to 2 tablespoons. Have used nutmeg with the cinnamon. I also use half Old Fashioned oats and half Quick Cooking Oats.
I used the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and made a dried cranberry/walnut version. In the future I plan to make a dried blueberry/pecan and dried cherry/almond versions. Easy to prepare and quick, healthy start to the day!