Oat Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 cups
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups square oat cereal
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 625 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 17, 2020
This recipe is fantastic! My husband requests it all the time and takes it to work with him. I sometimes use dark chocolate peanuts or blueberries just to change it up!
Apr 22, 2013
Jan 12, 2013
I have made this SO many times & always get asked for the recipe! I usually make a double or triple batch... I substitute yogurt covered raisins for the chocolate chips & use half square oat cereal & half Life cereal
Jun 10, 2012
It may taste good, but healthy...???
May 2, 2011
Yummy! I brought this to a party & everyone loved it! I would make it again for sure :)