Oat Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 cups
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups square oat cereal
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 625 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 22, 2013
Jan 12, 2013
I have made this SO many times & always get asked for the recipe! I usually make a double or triple batch... I substitute yogurt covered raisins for the chocolate chips & use half square oat cereal & half Life cereal
Jun 10, 2012
It may taste good, but healthy...???
May 2, 2011
Yummy! I brought this to a party & everyone loved it! I would make it again for sure :)