- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn, 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup; return to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Quick Potato Corn Chowder
"This chowder was wonderful! I did add a little marjoram and nutmeg, which my husband and I really enjoyed. A nice "meatless" meal and something I'll definitely make again!"
"I made this but added a few things.Two cubed precooked chicken breasts,a handful of chopped broccoli,and at the very end,a handful of cheese.One of the best chowder's I've ever tasted!It inspires me to want to make a seafood chowder!"
"Just made this - followed the recipe exactly - very easy & really tasty!"
"quick, easy and tasty. Will be making again!"
"I added a half package of bulk sausage with the onions....this soup is delicious and creamy. I will make this again & again!"
"With a few changes this is a 5 star recipe. I used half and half, added 2 tbs. butter with the olive oil when sauteing the onions, replaced canned corn with frozen, and upped the salt. Delicious soup that the whole family enjoyed."
"Great, easy to follow recipe. I did doctor it a bit to my liking by adding chopped cooked bacon and extra seasoning like paprika and garlic powder, and I definitely upped the salt and pepper ratios. I also decreased the amount of flour and just pureed half the soup to give it a thicker texture. I will definitely be making it again and love that it is a great base to add whatever you may lie. I may try it with some ham mixed in next time as well."
"Good taste, but way too much flour for me; it made it much too heavy. Will make it again but will use less flour or leave it out altogether."