Quick Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, cilantro, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and chili powder. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Quick Corn and Black Bean Salad(7)
Sort By :
Over the years I have made many versions of black bean, corn and tomato salad. This is a great recipe. It is the best when a fresh tomato is available! This is a classic recipe that can be altered with ingredients on hand. It is great as a stand alone side dish or with chips/crackers. For large gatherings double the recipe and serve in a triffle bowl--- the beautiful colors will stand out any party table!!!
This continues to be a favorite of my family and myself. Wonderful summer salad to go along with grilling time!
I made this, and the entire bowl was gone by the end of the party. People ate it with tortilla chips, so I find it more of a salsa than a salad. I am making it again for another party, and I am sure it will be eaten just as quickly. This time I am doubling the recipe!
If asked to bring anything to a picnic I suggest this lovely salad. We ate it as a side dish. The next day my husband ate it with Scoops Tortilla Chips. I love pretty food that tastes good too. I have this pictured on my page
I love serving food that tastes great and looks pretty and this dish definitely fits the bill. It was very easy to put together, tasted delicious and looked great on my buffet table. I was hoping for leftovers for my lunch during the week, but it disappeared quickly!
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Salads >