Pumpkin Shortbread Dessert Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- Whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and remaining sugar. Stir in milk. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50-55 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 15-18 minutes.
Reviews for Pumpkin Shortbread Dessert(6)
Sort By :
If you love pumpkin pie, you'll love this recipe. I really enjoyed the shortbread crust. This is my go-to dessert for Thanksgiving. It's so much easier than messing with pies.
No fail. I always make this for Thanksgiving
Excellent, easy, delicious and feeds a crowd. I call it "Pumpkin Cookie Pie" because you get the best of both worlds with pie and cookie taste. I like to whip my own topping, completely cover the top of dessert and garnish with chopped pecans. A real favorite.
I am putting this recipe in my favorites. Great time saver one dish not several pies to make. Great change of taste from usual crust. The flavor is wonderful. Thinking about topping with whipped cream and sprinkle with toffee chips
I made this a few years ago misplaced recipe. Just found it I plan to make it for our Christmas. Soooo much easier than several pies to make and the crust is a pleasant change. I top each individual piece with whipped cream and sometimes I just spread whipped cream over whole dessert. Thank you for your service I've searched my cookbooks for over three years to find it. You simplified my life!!!