Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Although it looks like you fussed, this pretty layered pie is easy to assemble with convenient canned pumpkin, store-bought candy bars and a prepared crust. "This make-ahead dessert is delicious any time of year," reports Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia.
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine two-thirds of the crushed candy bars and 2 cups ice cream. Spoon into crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining ice cream. Spoon over ice cream layer in crust. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candy bars. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Pie >
- Pumpkin Pie Recipes >