- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Caramel sundae syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
Sort By :
"This cheesecake is everyone's favorite. The crowd picks this first from all the other choices. This screams fall and Thanksgiving. Love it!!!"
"Make this during the holidays every year. Everyone raves about it"
"I've made this CHEESECAKE several times..never fails to please a crowd....cake....cheesecake...who cares...it's all good....and so is Taste of Home...."
"The best cheesecake I have ever made or eaten! I did tweek it though by using my homemade gingerbread cookies for the crust. Delicious!"
"Enough already with cheesecake. How about a regular 3-layer homemade cake and not made using a box cake mix. Big difference in taste. But, in all seriousness, enough with the cheesecake."