Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 425° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in orange juice until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with pancake. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce
Sort By :
"I've made this 4 times now and it seems to turn out slightly different each time (oven temp, etc.?). My family has LOVED it every time! My 9 year old son wants to try to make it himself. That is a first for him! (I also use 3 eggs instead of 2 as suggested by another review)."
"I made this for my husband's birthday breakfast today. It was a hit. Absolutely delicious , light, not too sweet, and so flavorful. He said he could have eaten the whole thing himself. Definitely will be a repeat performance."
"I just made this , this morning. It was awesome, it came out just like the pic. I will be making this again and again."
"My boys LOVED this recipe. They are tough critics. I will triple it next time. Tried it in a pie pan then in a Cake pan."
"After reading the reviews, I made this receipe but used 4 eggs instead of the recommended 2. I got a beautiful custard-like pancake that had a nice rise."