- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in spinach and the peas and carrots; cook 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Potato Minestrone
"add one cup cooked macaroni and shredded cabbage. top with parmasean cheese."
"It was easy but we didn't care for the flavor"
"This soup is fantastic! Even my veggie-phobic fiance enjoyed it! I had a bag of fresh Idaho potatoes on hand so I peeled and diced three small ones into hash brown sized cubes; they cooked nicely during the 8 hours in the crock pot. I also used fresh baby carrots cut into small pieces and let them cook for the whole 8 hours. They cooked very well, too! This recipe is a keeper!"