Potato Minestrone Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in the spinach, peas and carrots; heat thorough. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Potato Minestrone
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe for years. It's our favorite soup. Sometimes I substitute quick cooking barley for the potatoes. It's delicious both ways!"
"This soup is fantastic! Even my veggie-phobic fiance enjoyed it! I had a bag of fresh Idaho potatoes on hand so I peeled and diced three small ones into hash brown sized cubes; they cooked nicely during the 8 hours in the crock pot. I also used fresh baby carrots cut into small pieces and let them cook for the whole 8 hours. They cooked very well, too! This recipe is a keeper!"
"I cut the recipe in half as since our household now consists of only two. Made more than 6 servings as we had roast chicken sandwiches also. It was great. My husband is sweetly tolerant of some of the recipes I try. However, "This soup is a keeper" is a great recommendation from him - me too!"
"This soup was great! It smelled wonderful simmering all day, and was easy to put together. I mashed half of the garbanzo beans as suggested and my whole family loved it. I served it with dinner rolls. It was a very tasty, filling soup."