- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 Eggland's Best® Eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Spread potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with the broccoli, onions and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato Egg Bake
Sort By :
these are really nothing new to me, because when I get a taste for something like this I usually throw in what I have on hand for my breakfast and then have left overs for a few days.
I'll cut it in half because it's just the 2 of us. And I'll use 6 whole eggs. I'd hate to waste the yolks of the extra eggs. Maybe I'll add meat, but this is a great lent dish. It sounds great!!!
This recipe was great. I swapped out fresh ingredients for frozen and dried, and used a few less potatoes ( a personal preference. ) The reviews I read about using to many eggs. This recipe serves 8, that makes it less than one whole egg and one egg white per serving. The same as I would use for an omelet.
Recipe is great. Those calling for less eggs - dont make an egg casserole then.
Can this meal be made ahead and put in fridge for next morning?