Pork Tenderloin with Wine Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Cut pork into 2-in. slices; flatten to 1-1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Stir in the wine, mustard, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Wine Sauce(2)
Sort By :
I have made this several times and it is wonderful. I buy a one pound pork poin for $7.99...cut it into 2" slices (I get about 8 slices). I brown them for 3 minutes per side, remove them from the pan, then make the gravy using the wine, etc....then return the pork to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes. The pork is perfect and moist and tender and yummy !! You don't need to cook pork to death as we have believed in the past ! And pork is good for you.
i made this for my husband and i was surprised at how quick and delish it was!! he ate every bite!! i added a little more red wine and let it thicken up with the pork so it soaked up the flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >