- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions. Spread pie filling into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the pork chops on top; spoon stuffing over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
"My family loves this dish. The flavors blend well together and the pork chops come out moist, which has been a problem with a lot pork dishes."
"Mouth watering fall off the bone deliciousness and actually is my husband's most requested favorite dinner!"
"Excellent dish, very tasty and super easy to prepare. It seems much fancier than the ingredients and effort needed to make it. Honestly, we make a lot of gourmet dishes at our house, recipes which have many more ingredients and require advanced skills and those can be a lot of fun when you like to cook but for an easy meal this is hard to beat."
"This dish isn’t for everyone; we found it quite unpalatable. The flavors and textures did not blend well together at all. For us it was a complete waste of high quality pork chops. Lesson learned: next time we'll grill the chops, put the stuffing on the side, and bake an apple pie for dessert."
"Very tasty! No need 2 cans apple pie filling as reviews said because will be so sweet and not healthy."