- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper; stir in hash browns, 3/4 cup cheese and half of the onions. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Potato Casserole
"A main dish favorite at our house. Chops are so tender and potatoes are delicious. A great casserole to take to a potluck or a neighbor in need!"
"My son requests this all the time. Very easy to throw together."
"Big hit with my husband, who ordinarily finds pork chops bland. I cooked it longer than suggested by about 15 minutes. Chops were very tender and moist. Potatoes were very creamy. I sprinkled the chops VERY liberally with seasoned salt, but otherwise did not alter the ingredients. I had plenty of potatoes left and I think they'll reheat well. They're a bit reminiscent of Cracker Barrel's Hash Brown Casserole."
"This turned out great, but I made some changes. I don't like cream of celery soup, so I used cream of chicken, and I added six strips of cooked and crumbled bacon and some chopped green onions. The bag of hash browns I bought was 30 oz., so I added just a little more sour cream and milk, and also used some more cheese and onion rings. And....I didn't have bone-chops, so used boneless loin chops. This tasted great, but it is pretty rich, so I won't make it very often."
"could also use frozen french fries and a can of cheese soup also good with ham steaks on top like to cover for 1 hr and then uncover for 25 min."