Polynesian Sausage Supper Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Polynesian Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"This was very good. I really enjoyed it. I did not change anything when making this recipe. Quick and easy to make."
"Love this dish. We have it quite often. I use the pineapple tidbits because the chunks seemed too much. My daughter uses the crushed pineapple because her family likes the sweetness all the way throughout the dish. Whichever way, I have given this recipe to many people that really like it."
"My family loves this! Quick and easy - and tastes wonderful."
"THe best food for the family ."