"I clipped this recipe from our local paper a few years ago," recalls Maxine Smith from Owanka, South Dakota. "It's a tasty lunch treat for hearty appetites. Plan on doubling the recipe for hungry grandkids," she adds.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 plum tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and Italian seasoning. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in cheese, pepperoni, tomato and pepper.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat; grease lightly. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 14 pancakes.
Originally published as Pizza Pancakes in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p40
Reviews for Pizza Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review