- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper, optional
- Spread butter over bread slices. Place one slice in a sandwich iron, buttered side down. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese, pepperoni and, if desired, green pepper. Top with the remaining cheese and bread slice, buttered side up. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Pizza Mountain Pies
"My kids always ask for "pizza sandwiches" as our first meal of a camping trip. Our variation is to use Grands Flakey biscuits instead of slices of bread. Flatten the biscuits and put ingredients in the center. Place one on top and seal edges. Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping!"
"I remember making these in scouts. These are so simple and easy and a HUGE hit with the kids."
"I love these and this takes me back to when I was a teenager camping with my cousin. Instead of mountain pies we called them hobo pizzas this. So delicious!"