“Your family and friends will delight in receiving these individual grilled shrimp packets,” enthuses Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. “The foil makes cleanup a breeze.”
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- For each packet, place a pineapple slice on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with shrimp and red pepper. Combine the brown sugar and seafood seasoning; sprinkle over shrimp. Dot with butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Shrimp Packets in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Shrimp Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review