- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Line an 8-in. square dish with foil. Using 1 tablespoon butter, grease the foil and the sides of a heavy large saucepan. Add the sugar, pineapple, cream and corn syrup to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; add remaining butter (do not stir). Cool to 125°. Add vanilla; stir until combined. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is thickened and lighter in color, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and food coloring. Spread into prepared pan; let stand until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Pineapple Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p70
Reviews for Pineapple Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review