For pigs in a blanket Mexican style, we add refried beans and green chilies. Spice it up even more with pepper jack, jalapenos and guacamole. —Jennifer Stowell, Montezuma, Iowa
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- Heat hot dogs according to package directions. Spread beans over the center of each tortilla; layer with green chilies, olives and cheese. Place hot dog down center of tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up; secure with a toothpick.
- In a deep skillet or electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wraps in batches, seam side down, 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks before serving. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pigs in a Poncho in Taste of Home December 2015, p85
Reviews for Pigs in a Poncho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review