Total TimePrep: 1 hour + cooling
- 16 large pink and/or white marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 32 double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 Popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- 64 M&M's miniature baking bits (about 2 tablespoons)
- Cut marshmallows into thirds horizontally; cut the center portion of each into four wedges for ears. Roll cut sides of ears in sugar to prevent sticking together. Set ears and remaining portions aside.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Twist apart sandwich cookies. Dip the end of a wooden pop stick into melted baking chip mixture and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Reheat baking chip mixture if necessary; dip a pop in mixture and allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper-lined baking sheet. While wet, position a marshmallow slice on the cookie for a snout. Add ears on top edge of cookie; hold for a few seconds or until set. Add chocolate chip eyes. Place two baking bits on snout, securing with a dab of baking chip mixture. Repeat. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 11, 2011
Easy and delicious!! Definately will make again.
Jan 27, 2011
i love pigs and i love oreos. best combo!
Oct 26, 2010
I made 60 for a retiring pig farmer's party. Everyone loved them. Some thought they were too cute to eat! (But most did anyway!) There was a lot of time put in making and wrapping, but was worth the responses! I used mini cherry chips for the nostrils. I wrapped them individually in handiwrap and tied shut with the ribbon.