With its pretty pink layer and fabulous mint flavor, this is a great holiday dessert. Because I work full-time, I like the fact that it calls for a convenient cake mix. —Lisa M. Varner, El Paso, Texas
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in the extract, food coloring and 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- Spoon 2 cups of remaining batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Carefully top with peppermint batter; do not swirl. Top with remaining plain batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Ribbon Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p156
Reviews for Peppermint Ribbon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review