- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peanut butter and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup. Add the water, eggs and oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the peanuts, reserved crumb mixture and remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Crunch Cake
"Delicious and easy. Doesn't taste like a mix. My adult children ask for it for their birthdays every year."
"Excellent cake. My family enjoyed this immensely."
"chocolate and peanut butter: great combination. I love that it makes its own topping without frosting"
"Everyone likes the recipe. It's a nice change from traditional cake and frosting."
"This cake is easy to make and has a great peanut butter taste. However, I suggest using a binding agent like maybe butter to hold together chips on top. They immediately fall off when slicing and eating just making a mess."
"If you love peanut butter you are sure to love this recipe. I have been using it for years and no one seems to get tired of it."