- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peanut butter and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup. Add the water, eggs and oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the peanuts, reserved crumb mixture and remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Crunch Cake
"Excellent cake. My family enjoyed this immensely."
"Chocolate and peanut butter: great combination. I love that it makes its own topping without frosting"
"I do not use boxed cake mixes often, but thought I would give this recipe a try anyway. I am glad I tried because my husband especially enjoyed it. He said it did not taste like a boxed cake mix. I plan to make it for our Memorial Day cook-out."
"I make this cake every time I have dinner guests and it always the biggest hit of the meal!!! Everyone thinks I make it from scratch because it tastes like nothing like any cake they have ever had. It's so easy and so tasty!"
"Everyone likes the recipe. It's a nice change from traditional cake and frosting."