Peanut Butter Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter just to a boil; stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, milk and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until marshmallows are melted. Spoon over warm cake and carefully spread over the top. Cool completely. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Sort By :
"I made this for my husband's poker night with the guys and it was a hit. They kept comparing it to a Reese's peanut butter cup. I did add 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips along with the peanut butter and marshmallow cream to the icing.field editor"
"I used smooth peanut butter as suggested by other reviews and it was ABSOLUTELY delish. I used a different glaze as I did not have marshmallows and added 2 T. peanut butter to the frosting/glaze. My daughter's 16 year old boyfriend requested the recipe for his mom so she could make it for him. This is a keeper."
"Cake recipe seemed easy enough. Made the frosting & was extremely disappointed! Have been baking for 40 years & have never been so dissatisfied with a recipe! Where do some of you get these awful recipes???"
"We're not big fans of peanut butter desserts. I made this in a regular 9x13 pan with smoothe peanut butter- it was moist and very tasty."
"My family absolutely loves this cake. I make it at least monthly for our farm crew. I do prefer to make the icing with smooth peanut butter though."