The recipe for Peanut Butter Sheet Cake was sent by Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas. "A minister's wife gave me this recipe...and my family loves it," she writes. "My daughter, Stephanie, shared the treat with members of her Bible study group (pictured below, she's in the center of the back row)."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter just to a boil; stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, milk and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until marshmallows are melted. Spoon over warm cake and carefully spread over the top. Cool completely. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Sheet Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p54
Reviews for Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review