Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in chips. Pour over the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 15 minutes (leave oven on).
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, peanut butter and sugar; spread over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Sort By :
My first homemade cheesecake ever...Made this for the 4th of July cookout and it was an extreme hit! I did substitute half of the pretzels with graham crackers after reading the reviews. I'm glad I did, and next time I'll probably use only a graham cracker crust. Other than that, it was absolutely wonderful! thick and hearty! People came from the other side of the campground to get a sliver after word got around. Perfect!
I've made this one a few times now. I do not add the chocolate or peanut butter chips. Instead of the whipped sour cream topping, I drizzle lightly a home-made peanut butter caramel topping. Also, instead of pretzel crust, I use Nutter Butter cookies for the crust (not adding sugar).....it's delicious! The cheesecake recipe for for this is perfection, and it's a very addicting cheesecake. Got Milk?
With 2-1/2 pounds of cream cheese, this is one hefty and delicious cheesecake. My springform pan has never been so full! I always bake my cheesecakes in a water bath and did so with this one. I was very surprised to find it cracked slightly around the edge. The topping covered the slight imperfections. I thought by adding more butter to the pretzel crust, I would eliminate the crumbling crust commented on by many. It held together quite well, but my daughter and I didn't care for it. I will use a peanut butter graham crust next time. The chocolate chips gave it just the right amount of chocolate. I froze about half the cheesecake and just had a piece and it was just as good.
I love the combination of salty and sweet. I topped mine with miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (the new really really small ones) for decoration.
This was delicious and super easy to make. My first cheesecake attempt for my husbands birthday and it turned out great! A tip on the crust - just make sure the pretzels are crushed into very tiny pieces - if there are any large pieces it won't stick together. I added 4 large graham crackers (crushed) to the pretzels and it stayed together perfectly! Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly as written.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Cake >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >