- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, apple juice concentrate, peanut butter, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Spoon half of the batter into cups. Spoon about 1-1/4 teaspoons spreadable fruit into the center of each; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Muffins
"I thought these were dry as well, but still tasty. I used grape spreadable fruit and they turned out beautiful. Wonder if some pudding mix would help with the dryness? Not sure, but will watch for suggestions!"
"These weren't bad, but they weren't as good as I expected. The peanut butter mixture seemed a bit dry and requires you to drink a large glass of milk just to wash it down. Maybe I didn't put enough jam inside?"
"AWESOME LOVE IT"
"These were great! I didn't have strawberry though, so I substituted with some blackberry jam that I had and they were wonderful. I will make these again for sure. The fact that they are a healthy treat makes it a great option to give my kids, or whole family, and feel good about it. (Great on the go breakfast!!)"
"These tasted very good... however, they made a huge mess. The strawberry preserves leaked out of the muffins while baking, getting sticky, baked on preserves all over my muffin pan. Be sure to put plenty of the muffin batter on top of the strawberry if you make them."