This smooth, creamy dessert is a light and refreshing finish for a special meal. Our children and grandchildren think it's yummy! A garnish of peach slices or other fresh fruit really dresses up the individual servings. -Launa Shoemaker, Landrum, South Carolina
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 1 cup whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional peach slices, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a blender, combine peaches, honey and extract; cover and process until smooth. Stir into gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat peach mixture on high speed for about 5 minutes or until doubled in volume. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with mint and additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Mousse in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p31
Reviews for Peach Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review