Patriotic Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 6 cups tortilla or corn chips
- 4 to 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 9 to 10 pitted large olives, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Place chips in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread beef mixture evenly over the top. Cover with lettuce. For each star, arrange five olive slices together in the upper left corner. To form stripes, add cheese and tomatoes in alternating rows. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Patriotic Taco Salad(5)
Sort By :
This was a great idea but I customized it for my cooking style. I added a can of black beans to add more protein and make it a meal. I also put chips on the side instead of the bottom layer. I used taco sauce and salsa instead of taco seasoning and tomato paste. Lastly, I used shredded mozzarella cheese for more red/white effect. It was a crowd favorite!
I use a White Cheddar Cheese instead of yellow, also can of slice olives. Serve the chips on the side=^..^= Yummmmmmm
This Is SOOOO GOOOD. I will Make This Over and Over Again...
see my blog post at http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/patriotic-taco-salad.html
nice and easy and budget friendly, great for a big crowd..
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Taco Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >