- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl combine flour, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in half of the whipped topping; spread over crust. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Dessert
Sort By :
Seems like a simple project
We loved it. It is the same recipe I have made for years except for the fruit. I will make it again and with different fruit.
so easy and the whole family loves it ! it is make for more that the 4th of july .... love it !!
The whole family loved this. Requested it more often than 4th of July.
Fun and Yummy. I did change crust to a graham cracker crust (super easy 3 cups of crushed crackers, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 cup sugar)- which required no baking, turned out great. Very pretty for 4th of July! I will make again with different varieties of fruit on top for other occasions.