Party Crab Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon 1 teaspoonful filling into each puff; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Replace tops. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Party Crab Puffs
Sort By :
I use to make these as cream puffs with pudding inside. Makes a great dessert
I've made this same basic puff recipe since the 70s and filled them with tuna or chicken salad...never had them get soggy, even when they were filled the evening before an event. Can't wait to try the crab filling next time!
I had made the puffs, previously, but, as pbarker said, they got soggy the longer they sat. Everyone still enjoyed them. I used the filling to stuff mushrooms, for a 45th anniversary party last month. I omitted the eggs and finely chopped some of the mushroom stems, in their place. I lowered the oven temp to 350º and baked them for the same amount of time. Everyone loved them. Even as they got cold, they were still great.
this was good will make again.
These are wonderful and easy to make however, if you fill them ahead of time they get soggy. It's a bit of a hassel when you have guests and have to leave them to fill the puffs.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >