Party Crab Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon 1 teaspoonful filling into each puff; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Replace tops. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Party Crab Puffs(8)
Sort By :
this was good will make again.
These are wonderful and easy to make however, if you fill them ahead of time they get soggy. It's a bit of a hassel when you have guests and have to leave them to fill the puffs.
VERY good, and you can add or subtract whatever you do or don't like without compromising this really good recipe...and can also make them either bigger or smaller, depending on how you like them!!
Good Recipe!!! And Thanks for sharing it with all of us out here :)
I have made this several times. I fill them with different fillings, so everyone gets one they like.
Excellent! Definitely not 96 portions, more like 75. Making the mini puffs is a little too time consuming, would probably fill little phyllo shells instead. Also would cut back the grated onion to one tbsp,but maybe I just had a strong onion!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >