Party Beef Casserole Recipe
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add beef in batches; shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat in oil until meat is no longer pink. Place beef and drippings in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add the water, broth, garlic, onion, thyme and rosemary; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes; stir in mushrooms. Pour over meat; stir to coat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is tender. Sprinkle peas over meat. Spread potatoes evenly over top. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Party Beef Casserole(7)
Sort By :
Meat mixture was a little runny but I sprinkled flour on and mixed it in before I put the potatoes on top. Turned out great!
I have been making this recipe for over 10 yrs. Everytime I make it, it is a big hit & GONE!
Has anyone made this with leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes?
This needed salt and the bottom meat portion ended up a little runny. Love the mushroom and pea combination.
This recipe was excellent! It is now my favorite way to prepare round steak.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >