- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Oven Denver Omelet
"I am not sure why this recipe is getting such good reviews!?? This was dry & spongy in texture. This does not even come close to a regular omelette cooked in a skillet on the stiove-top. I will not make this oven omelette again."
"Great way to make omelets for a crowd or family! You can easily change up the meats or add some favorite veggies to suit your families taste!"
"My go-to recipe when making omelets. So easy and delicious. I use milk instead of half & half with no difference."
"This is a great way to use leftover ham. Easy to change the ingredients. I've added mushrooms, replaced 1/2 and 1/2 with milk, subtracted onions, and used green onions. I don't think I've made it the same way twice, but have always had great results. Delicious."
"I made my version of this for brunch last weekend. I used shredded parmesan cheese instead - added ham and sweet pepper (no onion) and a teaspoon of dried tarragon. Was delicious. I've already shared it with friends and family."