Oven Denver Omelet Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Oven Denver Omelet
Sort By :
"Delicious & quick! Doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan to feed our whole family. Used half 2% milk & half "half & half." Had no leftovers. Served with the orange smoothies that this recipe was coupled with in the original issue of TOH in 1998. Both are "keepers" for our family!"
"use crumbled cooked sausage instead of ham and mushrooms instead of green pepppers for a different taste or just try your own unique ingredients"
"Set your cooker to a medium setting, chuck all the ingredients in a big frying pan and cover with a lid. As it is direct heat, it will cook in a fraction of the time. I used cooked runner beans and mushrooms instead of ham and peppers, and low fat milk instead of cream."
"Excellent. Easy to put together and turns out very moist. I do, however, add extra green pepper, onions and cheese just because I love these ingredients! Can adjust ingredients to your own tastes. Definitely a "Keeper.""