- 2 packages (10 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- 10 candy cane or chocolate mint creme Oreo cookies, split and chopped
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper. In the top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cookies; spread over prepared pan.
- Microwave white baking chips on high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in extract. Drizzle over dark chocolate mixture; sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Cool. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Oreos and Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
"This was a really simple recipe to follow. I melted the chips in the microwave as I have a button for melting chocolate. I did have trouble melting the white chips. I burned two bowls before I remembered melting these chips for a cookie drizzle. I added a teaspoon of white vegetableshortening and it did fine. I also had purchased crushed peppermint for another recipe so that was easy. Nice addition to a cookie plate."