Soft candy orange slices are a refreshing addition to these crispy vanilla chip cookies from Britt Strain, Idaho Falls, Idaho. To quickly cut the orange candy, use scissors, rinsing the blades with cold water occasionally to reduce sticking.
- 1 cup orange candy slices
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each orange slice into eight pieces. Roll in 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a bowl, cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips, pecans and orange slice pieces.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Slice Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p22
Reviews for Orange Slice Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2010
"My family fell in love with these cookies and ask for them all the time in the fall. Great flavor!"