Orange Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, cheese, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes(16)
Sort By :
Excellent pancake recipe! Husband doesn't want any other kind. If have time, sometimes I will use two eggs, separate them and mix yolks in as directed, and beat the whites to still peaks then fold into batter after everything is combined. Yum!
Great pancakes. For a more orange taste, I added a couple of tablespoons of frozen concentrated orange juice or make a simple homemade orange syrup to go with the original recipe
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/3 cup cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter
In small saucepan, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, and butter. Warm the mixture up on low heat and stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Store in refrigerator. Warm before use. Use syrup to drizzle over pancakes and waffles in place of maple syrup.
I like this one a lot.
These pancakes are fabulous! I serve them with cinnamon, orange, honey butter. They are a real treat on Sunday after church!
Wonderful - easy and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >