- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange peel, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes
Sort By :
"This recipe makes the best pancakes ever! They are soooo moist and the ricotta gives them such a smooth texture. I make extra and pop them in the toaster oven for a quick breakfast on a weekday morning. They reheat wonderfully. For a variation, I have used lemon (juice and peel) and added blueberries at my husband's request. Yummy! My mouth is watering as I write."
"What a wonderful breakfast treat. Loved them so much that 2 of us ate the entire batch! I used the zest of the entire orange for more flavor. Also can substitute orange juice for the milk and they are even tastier. Can't wait to make again!"
"OMG! These were so unbelievably delicious! There is nothing I would change. They were delicate and light and I couldn't stop eating. I mixed maple syrup with a little Triple Sec."
"Excellent pancake recipe! Husband doesn't want any other kind. If have time, sometimes I will use two eggs, separate them and mix yolks in as directed, and beat the whites to still peaks then fold into batter after everything is combined. Yum!"
"Great pancakes. For a more orange taste, I added a couple of tablespoons of frozen concentrated orange juice or make a simple homemade orange syrup to go with the original recipeIngredients:1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate1/3 cup cup granulated sugar1/3 cup butterPreparation:In small saucepan, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, and butter. Warm the mixture up on low heat and stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Store in refrigerator. Warm before use. Use syrup to drizzle over pancakes and waffles in place of maple syrup."