- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange peel, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes
"These were delicious! I made them with one tiny change; I used skim milk because that's what I always buy. They still turned out rich and tasty."
"these were nice, next time i am cutting back on the butter..i found them a bit too greasy"
"Sooo moist and good!"
"These were delicious and the whole family loved them. The ricotta adds a great texture."
"These were wonderful, especially since they could be eaten without syrup which i do not eat. good with carmelized ham or bacon. Worth a second try."
"Delicious and light. I used lemon peel and juice, and used a third whole wheat flour. Perfect for a special occasion."
"i loved these pancakes, when I make them again, I will use more orange zest and more orange juices , instead of the milk, but they are wonderful heated up in the toaster oven or toaster. These are not light pancakes, they are moist and a more solid pancakes, but they are great."
"This recipe makes the best pancakes ever! They are soooo moist and the ricotta gives them such a smooth texture. I make extra and pop them in the toaster oven for a quick breakfast on a weekday morning. They reheat wonderfully. For a variation, I have used lemon (juice and peel) and added blueberries at my husband's request. Yummy! My mouth is watering as I write."
"What a wonderful breakfast treat. Loved them so much that 2 of us ate the entire batch! I used the zest of the entire orange for more flavor. Also can substitute orange juice for the milk and they are even tastier. Can't wait to make again!"
"OMG! These were so unbelievably delicious! There is nothing I would change. They were delicate and light and I couldn't stop eating. I mixed maple syrup with a little Triple Sec."