Orange Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, cheese, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes(5)
Sort By :
Best pancakes ever delicious
Mom & I loved this recipe after I made some changes due to low salt diet. I left out the salt, & used 1/2 tsp baking powder & 1 tsp Hain sodium free baking powder,used unsalted butter instead of regular & used orange off my tree. Delicious! Really a keeper & took out at least 1000 mg. of sodium so mom's legs didn't swell at all! I got 12 pancakes at 109 mg sodium each. Thank you for a great recipe Brehan Kohl!!!Will try it with lemon too.
Also added chopped pecans to half the batter. Very moist.
T hese are so very good. I took the liberty of using 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour, skim milk and 1/4 cup reduced fat margarine. They were still tender and moist.
These were awesome! I used really strong orange juice today and the flavour was better than the first time I made them.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >