Orange Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, cheese, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes(12)
Sort By :
Wonderful - easy and delicious!
Fabulous! Best pancakes I've ever had!
These are wonderful! I substituted 2tbsp. of safflower oil for the butter and forgot the grated orange peel, but they were very tasty, anyway. You really don't even need syrup, but then, pure maple syrup is a treat.
These pancakes are f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s. As they have delightful orange flavor, we skipped the maple syrup and enjoyed with butter and powdered sugar. Light and fluffy too! Just delish
We got this recipe with the Taste of Home February 2014 e-mail suggestions and it sounded so good we just had to give it a try. They were fabulous. Next time I want to mix up a type of orange butter (maybe with marmalade) to compliment the flavors. Syrup nearly over-powered them.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >