These popular pancakes are likely to spark a craving. For a different twist, switch the citrus ingredient to lime or lemon juice.—Brehan Kohl, Anchorage, Alaska
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange peel, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Orange Ricotta Pancakes in Country Woman April/May 2012
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review