Orange Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, orange juice, oil and orange peel; add to dry ingredients. Beat until well blended.
- In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into orange mixture.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest rack at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- For glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan; add remaining glaze ingredients. Stir until smooth. Pour over top of cake, allowing it to drizzle down sides. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Orange Chiffon Cake
Sort By :
"Wow!! I tried this recipe and the cake was so awesome!! I didn't make the icing but still it so good!!!!!"
"Perfect!!! A friend commented it was so perfect it was a blue ribbon winner lol!!!! Excited to make again and again. Wish I could post a picture!!"
"I used the glaze from this recipe on another orange chiffon cake, and I have to say, it was awesome and so easy to make. My friends were licking their forks."
"Delicious orange flavor! The icing is amazing!"