Old-Fashioned Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cheese Potatoes(7)
Sort By :
My husband raved about these potatoes, and I love 5-ingredient recipes like this (I don't count salt + pepper)! Definitely goes into the "Blue Ribbon" file. Great comfort food. By the way, cut the Velveeta in cubes, don't try to shred it - it's too soft.
This is an awesome, comforting dish! I'm a potato and cheese lover, and this was a home run. So tasty and more simple than I thought it would be to make. I made this for a family gathering and transferred it to a slow cooker trio to keep warm throughout the night. This will be a permanent addition to my recipe collection.
Wow!! This was a huge hit!! Hubby loved it and so did I. Easy to make and soooo yummy!!
Loved this recipe! Because I'm allergic to Annatto, a food dye used in numerous food products, like many cheeses, I substituted a shredded white Cheese blend for the Velveeta. Family loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe :)
My husband and daughter really loved this recipe. I was asked when are you going to make them again.