Old-Fashioned Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cheese Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
This is an awesome, comforting dish! I'm a potato and cheese lover, and this was a home run. So tasty and more simple than I thought it would be to make. I made this for a family gathering and transferred it to a slow cooker trio to keep warm throughout the night. This will be a permanent addition to my recipe collection.
Wow!! This was a huge hit!! Hubby loved it and so did I. Easy to make and soooo yummy!!
Loved this recipe! Because I'm allergic to Annatto, a food dye used in numerous food products, like many cheeses, I substituted a shredded white Cheese blend for the Velveeta. Family loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe :)
My husband and daughter really loved this recipe. I was asked when are you going to make them again.
Probably because,back in the "old days", people did not think of themselves as "gourmet cooks", money was really short, the manufacturer realized that and included a recipe that was really good. Try it, you might like it as is, or you might add your own cheese or cheeses.