Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins(5)
Sort By :
I don't think I'll use this recipe again. I stuck with the recipe exactly. They turned out kind of dry and heavy. My husband asked me if these were fiber muffins. LOL
I've made these twice. The recipe is easy and the muffins are delicious. Good recipe.
I loved the muffins And the next time I made it I made in a loaf pan and it was great too Next time I'm going to try putting raisins instead of blueberries.
Lovely, simple flavor. Best the day they are baked, a bit tough the second day. Would make again. They also won a 2nd place ribbon in my local fair!
they taste great. though i was out of vanilla, so i put a tsp of lemon juice in instead. still tasted great. i dont know though, they almost seemed too dry or something, but had excellent flavor, i thought.