- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-3/4 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add oats and butter. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oat mixture, sugars, salt and 4 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; allow to rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 18 balls. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
Sort By :
"These are absolutely the best, have made them several times. I am going to try to make a loaf in my bread machine."
"Oh my gosh, my family is in love with these rolls! I don't think I'll be buying buns any more for dinner..."
"Incredible! I love that these include a little whole grain. They turned out better than I'm used to given my limited experience. No wasted effort. So rewarding!"
"Excellent recipe! They were over 2 inches and so light & tender. We will enjoy these many more times. Thank you!"
"I absolutely love this recipe. Instead of making rolls I made two loafs and they turned out AMAZING. They are soft and fluffy and very feeling. They went great with parsley salad and roasted marrow bones. And I even incorporated the basic dough for these rolls into a healthier and heartier version of my stable pizza recipe. And the best part is stays later there are still moist and delicious. Can't wait to make them again for Easter dinner."