- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-3/4 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add oats and butter. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oat mixture, sugars, salt and 4 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; allow to rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 18 balls. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
Sort By :
Wow, my new favorite easy roll recipe!
Easy to make turned out very well, didnt have any quick cooking oats so used regular and cooked the oats a little longer. Will make again
Made these for the first time and my family loved them. I don't have very good luck with breads, but these rolls came out lovely and they are very delicious. Look forward to making these again!
Our family loves these rolls! I have made them often for family dinners and special holiday dinners all with great reviews. My teenage nephew ate SIX of these in one setting before his mother finally cut him off! LOL We also find the roll size rather large, so we make 24 rolls instead of the 18.
Easy to make. Will definately make these again!