- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Sort By :
"So easy and super yummy! I got lots of compliments when I took this to a gathering. Will be making this again because it was SOOO easy! I did mix the chips into the batter versus sprinkling them on top... I liked how they turned out that way."
"These were good and easy to put together. I needed to thin the icing a bit with milk to make it drizzle nicely."
"Great taste, oatmeal added nice texture, and the drizzle made this a more special cookie! Put choc chips on top as the recipe says or cookie will be mushy; we ate cookie 20 minutes after out of the oven. Also I cut the chips down to 2/3c., sugars each 1/3c and it was plenty sweet, esp if using skippy or like PB. Natural PB has just salt, no sugar in it. I'll definitely try this recipe again and play around with the type of PB I use."
"Fabulous...quick easy and full of flavour !"
"Wonderful recipe....NOT dry! I used a whole bag of Nestle semi sweet morsels though and don't over bake. The icing gave them an extra special touch and flavor....loved that! This recipe is a KEEPER and I will be making them again! Yum!"